Two-Wheeler Insurance Claim Settlement In India3 min read
A bike insurance claim filing is the process by which the policyholder requests compensation from the insurer for the costs or damage sustained by the insured’s vehicle after an unfortunate event.
If you meet with an unfortunate accident and are wondering how to claim insurance for bike damage in India, this article is for you.
To file a claim, you must first notify the insurance provider of the incident. In addition, you must submit the required documentation to complete the bike insurance claim process in India.
How to claim bike insurance? Before you start with the claim process, know that there are two types of claim settlement options. They are
- Cashless claim settlement: Cashless claims for bike insurance can be handled without the insured having to pay out of pocket. Receiving the services at a network garage is the only requisite.*
- Reimbursement claim settlement: In case of a reimbursement, you may pay for the repairs out of pocket and file a claim later. After checking the supporting documents, the insurer reimburses the amount expended. *
Documents required to claim for bike damage through accident –
- Valid bike insurance policy
- Registration Book Copy, Tax Receipt (furnish the original copy for verification)
- Police FIR copy
- Driver’s licence
- Repair estimate from the garage
- Original repair invoice, receipt of payment
- Discharge Cum Satisfaction Receipt obtained from the garage, signed with a revenue stamp.
Additional documents to file for theft of two-wheeler
- Set of keys/warranty card/service booklet
- FIR to mention theft clearly
- Copy of the acknowledgement Letter sent to the RTO stating the incident in detail and making the bike “Non-Use.”
- Form 28/29/30 and form 35 (if there is a loan) signed by the insured
- NOC from the financer if the claim is to be reimbursed to you
How to claim insurance for your bike? Here are the steps you may follow –
|Steps||Third-party||Theft claim||Own damage|
|If you get into an accident and hit the other person’s vehicle, inform the police and your insurance company immediately.
If you are the victim, get the other person’s insurance information and file a “claim under third-party liability insurance.”
|Even if your two wheeler is stolen, file an FIR and intimate your insurance company right away.||Let your bike insurance company know if your bike is damaged by accident, a natural disaster, or a disaster that was caused by people.
File an FIR right away if there is an accident.
The insurance company may send the case to the Motor Insurance Claim Tribunal for a decision.
Send in all the required paperwork, including the original bike keys.
|The insurance company appoints a surveyor to check the case and the damage.
Once the assessment report is approved, the damaged two-wheeler is sent to the network garage to get fixed.
The tribunal court decides the amount of compensation to be paid after looking into the case.
The process could be the same even if you are at fault and have to pay a third party what they are owed.
If the police can’t find the two wheeler within a certain time, they might give you a “non-traceable certificate.”
The insurance company may settle the claim as a “total loss” and pay up to the Insured Value.
|If the claim is cashless, the bill may be paid directly to the network garage.
In case of reimbursement, the insurer may pay you the amount of the bill according to the terms and conditions of the policy.
Remember that a large number of two-wheeler insurance claims get rejected. While a bike insurance claim process might be lengthy, make sure that the information given by you is true and not fabricated. *
* Standard T&C Apply
‘Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale. ‘